"Surrealism is the magical surprise upon finding a lion in the closet where one wanted to get a shirt" - Frida Kahlo

Tuesday, October 28

By starlight and goodnight

I meat a red fox at the edge of town one night. He said, Jesus is the answer. I wondered what was the question.
He teased so I’d follow. And I did as he ran. Luwerd me into an area of two square meters. Welcome to nowhere, fast. Welcome to the City of Saints he proclamed.
People glared in chaotic rush. As he gave birth to meaningless sounds. The drum took place of my heart beat, and I thought of the thief that stole my senses… and the indescribable moments of my life.
Despite my rage, I’m only just a cat locked up in a cage, I told this Fox.
He replied, the door is always open here. Feel free to come and go as you please. Be what you want to be, who you want to be… Mary, Dorothy, be Indya, no, be Vivianne.
I stared eyes wide open, and saw how he stole the pulse of the loners. How their life became his, for moments, for a few hours. Mesmerized. Hipnotized. The crowd had no way to disconnect. Steal me now, I pleaded. Keep me in your jail, before I run out of sound. Before... I run out of time. Sing me more songs. A new one just for me.
Instead there were two, amazing all ears and souls. It soon would be opening time, the sun would be out and up again… no one would leave. Humor us before we have to go, speak to us in a language we can hear.
He gave in and declared only one more dance.
I just want to see you dance... I heard him whisper as I left. I walked down what seemed an empty street and looked back. I saw his shadow like of someone so hard to find.
When I stopped breathing in the arms of sleep, I dreamt of this journey. I opened my eyes and I swear I saw this red fox unlock my cage door…


*perfect concert!
-

No comments: